Friday 9 September 2011

No escape today, those calories had to go - Baked beans and eggs

I didn't actually realize I had two servings of the same things today until I recorded down my intake. I had them for lunch and then I had them for dinner. I don't think baked beans and eggs are for all but I absolutely love the stuff. I could eat a can of baked beans or fried eggs and nothing else, which is what I did for dinner. For lunch, it seemed that my only cheap and healthy option was to pick and choose my food from the nearby mixed rice stall. Since this one let you determine how much rice you wanted, it was easy to control my carb intake and I chose the following dishes to accompany:

Rice with dishes
Steam egg - 74 calories
Fried spinach with garlic - 65 calories
Rice - 102 calories
Baked beans - 57.5
Total 298.5 calories

Baked beans with egg, again, and toast
2 slices of white bread toast - 128 calories (carbs really are the devil)
1 egg - 74 calories
1 small can of baked beans - 115 calories (as per the product's label)
Total 317 calories

I consumed only 615.5, which is half of what my body needed. This isn't something I actually recommend doing and having only half isn't what I usually do. However, I am trying to lose about 7kgs of weight and I didn't manage to clock the burn I wanted in gym today. Plus, knowing what's in store for the weekend with heavy dinners and parties lined up, some extra control was needed. It'll be hard not to indulge this weekend but there should be some interesting meals that I intend to calculate. This is going to be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment