Tuesday 6 September 2011

How do I stay away from delicious Wan Tan Meeeeeeee??

Whenever I walk to my favourite Wan Tan Mee stall, I tell myself, today I'll order the small. I repeat that until I get to the stall, see the juicy "char siu" or roast pork marinating in the sauce and immediately request for a medium order instead. I am pretty hopeless with temptation. So lets see what damage its done.

Dry Wan Tan Mee based on my assumed ingredients
Egg noodles - 300.2 calories
Char Siu - 73.2 calories
Oil - 122.63 calories
Wan Tan - 110.53 calories
Soup - 40 calories
Total 646.56 calories

That looks like a painfully large amount and I don't event want to start digesting what went into the sauce, especially since each tablespoon of soy sauce has about 10 calories. Now on to dinner. Feeling as if I've committed a sin, I decided to get creative and make a healthier option for dinner. I went to the local grocer, picked up a juicy fat red capsicum and some medium sized tomatoes. Then headed upstairs to see what was left in my fridge. The final ensemble, a baked pie that had no crust. 


 Here's what went into the concoction.

Baked Crustless Pie (I really have no idea what else to call it)
One large capsicum - 41 calories
3 Medium sized tomatoes - 108 calories
250g chicken - 325 calories
1 whole garlic bulb - 104 calories
1 1/2 medium sized white onions - 60.8 calories
Olive oil - 496.68 calories
Mixed herbs (dried) - oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil - 50 calories
Black pepper - 16.32 calories
3 small tofu blocks - 188 calories
Total 1,389.8 calories in the dish

My consumption was a third of the above serving or 463 calories and the rest was devoured by my dear hubby. I was fuller after eating my own home cooked dish as compared to the wan tan mee, which shows that I should seriously consider cooking more meals. The total damage today was approximately 1,109.82 calories and since my basal metabolic rate needs a consumption of about 1,200 calories per day, I suppose I am on my way to losing those kilos - add in the gym and exercise and I should be all set. I wonder if that means I can bake a juicy goodie this weekend... hmmm... scones, pavlova, chocolate cake, cheese cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment