Monday 5 September 2011

Takeaway Stir Fry Yau Mak and Marmite chicken

Seeing how I had a migraine today and with the fridge rather empty, I decided to get my dear hubby to buy takeaway from a nearby Chinese restaurant. He brought home the following:


With some crazy internet search, I manage to come up with an estimated calorie count for my portion of the dishes based on very basic knowledge of chinese cooking and what I assume might be contained in the stir fry. Here goes:


Garlic stir-fry 'yau mak' or big head rommaine
Big-head rommaine lettuce - 25 calories
Chicken stock - 5 calories
Oil - 80 calories
Garlic - 13 calories
Total 123 calories

Stir-fry chicken in Marmite sauce
Chicken cubes - 130 calories
Garlic - 13 calories
Sugar - 12 calories
Marmite - 18 calories
Oil - 120 calories
Total 293 calories

I consumed a total of 416 calories for dinner. Although these numbers are not entirely accurate, I think the numbers are pretty close considering that the average stir-fry chicken is around 250 calories per cup and about 130 calories per cup for the stir-fry vegetables.

Judging from the above, I think my road down the careful eating path is going to be VERY long and hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment