Monday 5 September 2011

My first attempt at eating healthy

After experiencing another migraine today, I finally decided, I've had enough! My bowels are screwed with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), I've put on 7kgs since my wedding (which was only last year), I have severe gastritis from practicing cruel crash diets and missing meals, I've been plagued by constant colds and flus, I've spent a crapper-load of money on medical bills this year and I think my kidneys are going to shut down soon from all the abuse. 


The doctors can't really find too much that's wrong with me, except that my immune system may be a little low and my gastritis and IBS is probably what's weakened my digestive system. All-in-all, each sick episode is a cause for missing work and constant fatigue, which makes me feel inferior. It is a rough rat race after all and survival of the fittest still largely applies to the world of suits and briefcases.
 
While considering my health, I've discovered that my constant bout of sickness, disease, low energy and sometimes irratic mood swings are a result of a few things. 
A) Work stress
B) Lack of sleep
C) Very unhealthy eating
D) Little or no exercise
E) Late night binges on weekends

While I can't really help A) and sometimes B) is a cause of A), I can definitely do something about C) and D). As for E) I could turn that into a reward for doing well in C) and D). It'll be tough trying to stick to 100% healthy eating. I do live in the land of live to eat. But at least I can start by tracking what I eat, so that I can learn what my body can manage and what it simply can't. Because I love to eat, I'm also hoping that keeping track of my calories will allow me to continue eating that delicious chocolate cake, that scrumptious pavlova or the occasional hearty steak in the later stages of my life.

Additionally, I hope that whatever knowledge I discover here can be imparted to others struggling with their health as well. On that note, wish me luck and here's hoping I'll have a healthier life in a year's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment